Upon completion of the course, the successful learner will have a sound understanding of environmental management systems and a methodology for their implementation. The learner will also be equipped to implement the principal requirements of OHSAS 18001, the internationally recognised Occupation Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS).
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course, Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%
On completion of the course, learners will:
- have an understanding of the requirements of the Environmental Management Systems Standard ISO 14001 and EMS
- be able to carry out an initial preliminary review appreciate environmental impacts and effects
- have a range of techniques for the implementation of an EMS in their organisation
- be up to date with current thinking on occupational health and safety through a practical workshop and thoroughly explores the Management System Framework defined in OHSAS 18001
- begin with a comparison of other internationally-recognised management systems (ISO 9000/ISO 14000), and will make learners familiar with the requirements of OHSAS 18000.