Upon completion of the course, the successful learner will be able to perform effective internal audits of an environmental management system to ISO 14001. The learner will also be able to conduct an internal audit in accordance with OHSAS 18001.
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course, Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%
At the end of the course, the following areas will be covered:
- How to apply ISO 14001 to not only determine the degree of compliance with its system, but also opportunities for improvements
- The whole system of planning and preparing for audits, through performing to reporting the findings in an effective manner that is beneficial to the organisation
- A series of lectures and exercises designed to ensure that learners leave the course able to start auditing as soon as they like
- A thorough introduction to the principles of health and safety management, continual improvement and the requirements of current legislation
- The OHSAS 18001 approach to occupational health and safety, interpreted in detail
- Procedures for hazard identification, risk management, emergency planning, training, communication, consultation, and management review
- Using OHSAS 18001 as a model, learners will be able to define roles and responsibilities of auditors and lead auditors, and plan, coordinate and perform OHSAS audits.