The successful learner will be able to operate a counter-balanced lift truck in a safe manner. They will also be able to conduct pre- and postinspections to ensure the performance of the lift truck. The learner will be able to handle the loading and storage of freight by using the equipment – and its accessories – in the required manner. They will also be able to access the emergency system and services in the event of an incident or accident.
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- apply the recognised methods for inspecting and recording the operational fitness of all components of the lift truck, with reference to safety procedures in the workplace
- identify and classify freight/loads, taking into account documentation, packaging and labelling associated with the specific freight
- handle, load and store freight in accordance with industry standards environmental requirements, and with due consideration to (among other things):
- the commodities and their properties
- storage area
- placement of load.
- achieve maximum work performance of lifting equipment and attachments, by applying:
- knowledge of equipment dimensions
- principles of operation and capacities
- manufacturing specifications and circumstances in the working environment.
- operate equipment in accordance with established organisational and legislative standards and procedures, as well as manufacturer’s guidelines
- access available emergency support system and services in case of incidents and accident.