On completion of the course the successful learner will be able to:
- demonstrate the ability to conduct investigations into workplace incidents (the competency includes all the activities required to successfully conduct incident investigations);
- explain the basic principles of relevant current health and safety legislation and the consequences of non-compliance.
- Various activities will be completed during class, as well as for homework
- Written test
- Workplace logbook
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- the specified requirements pertaining to conducting an investigation into workplace incidents
- the requirements for compliance as stipulated in the current legislation
- the legal obligations of the employer in terms of training and communication
- prepare collection of data for the investigation
- gather and evaluate data
- perform post-investigation functions
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of
- the basic principles of the relevant legislation
- record keeping required by the legislation.
- determine the management controls required under legislation to achieve compliance.