This course provides the learner with a basic knowledge of the responsibilities pertaining to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS Act).
By the end of the course, the successful learner will:
- understand the requirements:
- that apply to persons entering the workplace and performing any duties therein
- for the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), housekeeping and emergency procedures that apply to the workplace
- be able to explain:
- both employer and employee duties, with regard to occupational health and safety in the workplace
- the general safety rules in a workplace
- the use and application of PPE in a workplace
- the need for good housekeeping in the workplace
- and apply emergency procedures in the workplace.