The course is designed to equip the learner in applying safety, health and environmental protection procedures, perform inspections and describe the functions of the workplace health and safety representative. The course will also enable students to perform an investigation into workplace safety, health and environmental incidents.
- Various activities will be completed during class, as well as for homework.
- Written test at the end of the course
- Workplace logbook.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- identify and explain the legal and organisational-specific requirements regulating the reporting and investigation of workplace incidents
- complete the required reports
- process any physical evidence that may have been collected
- understand the objectives and statutory requirements pertaining to health and safety in the workplace
- explain the rights, powers, functions and duties of the workplace health and safety representative, and how any errant health, safety and environmental issues may be handled
- participate in the safety, health and environmental structures and measure these activities according to health, safety and environmental requirements
- understand responsibilities and liability regarding safety in the workplace
- conduct safety and environmental inspections in work area
- respond to unsafe conditions in work area
- complete safety, health and environmental documentation.