This course provides the learner with a basic knowledge of the responsibilities pertaining to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS Act).
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- the legal liabilities of employers and contractors
- the difference between common law and legislation
- the attributes that need to be addressed
- how to:
- use and read the OHS Act (including the intention and meaning of the sections)
- do citation of legal requirements
- who can assist in making the OHS Act work
- the responsibilities and rights of various role players (in terms of the OHS Act)
- when a health and safety policy is effective
- the basic understanding of how to manage health and safety.