The course will enable learners to understand the importance of compliance to safety, health and environmental legal and other requirements for a specific workplace and the importance of integrating safety, health and environmental considerations into all routine activities at the workplace. In addition learners will be able to identify any deviations and workplace safety performance in the workplace from health, safety and environmental requirements and be able to ensure that the correct action is taken in situations where safety health and environmental issues are not in accordance with requirements.
- Various activities will be completed during class and as homework
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course
- Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%
By the end of the course, the successful learner will be able to:
- understand the importance of compliance to the requirements – both legal HSE requirements and others – in a workplace
- integrate HSE considerations into all routine activities in a workplace
- identify HSE-related deviations in the workplace, as well as deviations related to HSE performance in the workplace
- recommend corrective actions where HSE-related deviations are not in accordance with specified requirements
- explain the safety, health and environmental requirements applicable in a specific workplace
- monitor workplace compliance to safety, health and environmental requirements, against specified requirements
- evaluate performance of workplace safety activities required by safety, health and environmental management programmes
- remedy workplace non-compliance to, and non-performance of, safety, health and environmental requirements and programmes.