The purpose of this workshop is to enable candidates to work efficiently in an environment that requires special temperature control and storage, while ensuring freight/stock integrity. They will acquire knowledge that will assist in the implementation of correct hygiene and safety measures that need to be applied when working in a temperature-controlled environment.
By the end of the course, learners can understand, explain and apply:
- conditions relating to storage in cold storage
- comprehend basic refrigeration principles
- different refrigeration systems
- appropriate cold store cooling loads
- troubleshooting for cold store temperature problems
- old store housekeeping
- appropriate product handling at the cold store
- correct hygiene and safety measures
- temperature monitoring with reference to freight integrity
- an ability to identify and rectify problems with maintaining the correct temperature in a competent manner.
The above programme can be customised to suit a specific organisation’s policies and procedures.