This course is intended for rescue personnel who are expected to undertake emergency rescues as part of their duties to enter confined spaces. Learners will be able to perform rescue operations in confined spaces by applying safe working practices and first-aid principles to rescue victims from confined spaces.
- Various activities will be completed during class.
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course, learners must achieve a minimum of 65%.
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of safe working practices in confined spaces
- select and operate equipment for rescues from confined spaces
- carry out a rescue in a confined space
- conduct briefings and compile reports.