The course is aimed to enable learners to distinguish between an emergency and an incident as well as understanding the different types of emergencies that may take place in the workplace. The learners will be able to explain the types of emergency alarms in the workplace, the procedures for responding to them and the methods and procedures, which need to be applied in an assembly area after an alarm.
- Various activities will be completed during class as well as for homework
- Written assessment and practical exercise to be completed at the end of the course at your nearest NOSA College.
- Learners need to achieve a minimum of 65%.
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to explain:
- Different types of emergencies that may be encountered in a workplace
- Various responses to an alarm
- Actions required of a safety officer in an assembly area
- The functions of an emergency control centre.