Learners wishing to acquire the competencies in this course will be, individuals working at height where there is a risk of injury from a fall. Learners will be involved in performing tasks at height. Learners will be able to follow fall arrest principles to perform work at height safely, under supervision of a qualified supervisor.
- Various activities will be completed in class.
- Written assessment and practical assessment to be done at the end of the course, learners must be found competent in both written and practical assessment.
This course is for any person who needs to perform work at height where he/she will work under supervision. At the end of the course qualifying learners will be able to:
- demonstrate basic knowledge of the limitations of a limited range of fall arrest equipment and regulations
- inspect, assemble and store fall arrest equipment
- select suitable anchor points
- use fall arrest systems with a double leg lanyard
- use pre-installed vertical and horizontal lifelines and explain reducing risks during rescue.