The course will enable learners to provide primary emergency care (first aid) in response to an occupational risk induced or any health emergency in their specific workplaces.
- Various activities to be completed in class
- Written test
- Practical exercise
Upon completion of the course, the successful learner will be able to:
- demonstrate the principles of primary emergency care
- assess and control a single injury emergency scene in the workplace
- demonstrate primary emergency life support for adults, children and infants
- explain and manage shock
- carry out secondary assessment of the sick or injured person and provide appropriate primary emergency care at the scene
- keep records of the incident/accident.