As a steppingstone towards obtaining your SAMTRAC International certificate, Introduction to SAMTRAC International provides an overview to the challenging and complex, yet rewarding field of occupational, health and safety, and environmental (HSE) within the context of occupational risk management.
This course provides an outline for the principle areas that fall within the ambit of occupational HSE management. The information provides general insight into the fundamental definitions, concepts and principles that are used to establish a sound and functional occupational HSE management system.
- Various activities will be completed to reaffirm legislative knowledge and risk management.
- An online examination will be completed at the end of the course
- Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%
By the end of the course, learners will have a better understanding of:
- the fundamentals of management system theory and practice
- the fundamentals of HSE-related legislation and legal compliance
- what occupational health, safety, and environment (HSE) is
- key HSE-related definitions and issues
- how risk rests at the heart of any HSE management system
- identifying and assessing HSE related risks and impacts
- important issues, such as documentation and emergency planning