The purpose of this qualification is to facilitate training and educational opportunities for individuals currently employed in the southern African road transport industry, or those wishing to pursue a career in this industry. Individuals will have the opportunity to specialise in either freight or passenger related fields. The training will be applicable and appropriate to companies where transport is a primary or secondary function.
By the end of this programme, learners will be able to understand:
- the South African road transport industry and apply basic road transport managerial principles
- typical customers, through learning how to communicate and conduct business in a professional manner, within the parameters of the legal and institutional boundaries of South African road transport legislation
- occupational health and safety and environmental issues in the South African road transport industry, as well as the approach to everyday road transport operational activities is demonstrated
- sourcing and deliberation of road transport operational information, as well as with the ability to process this information in such a way that it benefits the company. This information will be implemented in the organisation’s routing and scheduling activities where the learners will be able to process the information
- how subordinates are supervised in a manner that will lead to harmonious interpersonal relations at the workplace
- analyse, and prepare a road transport budget to ensure the effective creation and implementation of costing and budgets.