On completion of the course, the successful learner will be able to safely operate and use a mobile elevating work platform (MEWP). The learner will be able to assess their work environment to establish any safety hazards to:
- prevent or eliminate such hazards and resultant losses
- conduct pre-inspection tests
- operate the MEWP in safe conditions.
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- identify applications to decide on the appropriate MEWP to be used
- assess risks in the work environment to prevent and eliminate safety hazards
- conduct pre-operation inspection of the MEWP
- make use of safe operating procedures (SOPs) and practices for a MEWP
- place people, tools and equipment correctly and safely on the MEWP
- conduct shutdown procedures and stow the MEWP safely.
Mobile Elevating Work Platform will include but are not limited to Cherry Picker, Scissor Lift, Boom Lift, Access Platform, Man Lift, Personnel Lift, Aerial Work Platform.