The successful learner will be able to operate a basic purpose lift truck. They will also be able to access emergency support and services, in the case of an emergency, while operating a lift truck. The person is also able to identify and classify the load, and handle and move the freight, while operating the lifting equipment (in accordance with standards and its performance capabilities). The successful learner will also able to monitor the fitness of the lift truck.
At the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- inspect and record the operational fitness of battery powered lift trucks
- identify and classify freight/loads
- handle, load and store freight
- achieve maximum work performance of battery powered lifting equipment and attachments
- operate freight equipment
- access available emergency support systems and services.