The flagship course in occupational health and safety management, SAMTRAC provides the learner with the technical knowledge of concepts, issues, procedures and techniques relating to HSE. This technical knowledge enables the learner to apply the core concepts of risk management and inform policy decision and strategic decision-making processes about the importance of risk management in any sector.
- Various activities will be completed during class as well as for homework
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course. Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%.
The below will be addressed in the course:
- Collect, review and store HSE and technical information related to processes, equipment and materials.
- Analyse information for changes to safety, health and environmental regulations, rules and requirements in a technical environment.
- Analyse HSE incidents and changes in the technical process and identify areas for improvement or change.
- Develop an approach to incorporating changes and adapt steps, processes and procedures.
- Implement changes and ensure adherence to the new requirements and evaluate the effect of changes.
- Explain risk management.
- Analyse potential risks and the impact thereof.
- Develop and implement risk management procedures.
- Monitor and assess risk management procedures.