Learners will understand the objectives and statutory requirements pertaining to health and safety in the workplace. The course also explains the rights, powers, functions and duties of the workplace health and safety representative, and how any errant HSE issues should be handled. Learners will be able to participate in the HSE structures and measure these activities according to HSE requirements.
- Various activities will be completed during class.
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course.
- Framework of workplace health and safety legislation pertaining to HSE representatives
- Statutory requirements for conducting HSE representative activities, health and safety committee activities, as well as those of employers
- Dealing with HSE-related issues, establishing facts relating to the issues, resolution of the issues, the importance of resolving the issues
- Complying with the activities within HSE structures, such as the extent of participation, consultative requirements of HSE representatives, the importance of participating in activities, and measuring participation of the HSE representatives in the activities