The course, divided into six parts, will provide learners with a better understanding of the concept of legal liability and how legislation regulates and enforces it.
- Assessment to be done at the end of the course.
- Part A: Covers principles in liability, including legal terminology and the different types of liability. There are a variety of case studies included to provide leaners with a better understanding of these concepts.
- Part B: Covers the OHS Act and legislative criminal liability. This section includes the duties of employers and employees, while providing additional case studies for further understanding.
- Part C: Provides an overview, as well as commentary, of the OHS Act Regulations, and extracts from key Regulations.
- Part D: Introduces environmental law, including an overview of emission standards, offences and penalties (in terms of water management strategies, the Waste Act, etc.).
- Part E: Focuses on corporate governance and the application of King IV.
- Part F: Provides insight into legal compliance strategy.