The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management (EC) is a recognised environmental qualification worldwide, which focuses on environmental management systems (ISO 14001), impact assessments, energy efficiency, pollution and environmental emergencies. The syllabus includes UK, EU and international references.
- Written assessment and practical exercise to be completed at the end of the course at your nearest NOSA College.
- Learners need to achieve a minimum of 65%.
The EC consists of two components:
- EC 1: Management and control of environmental hazards
- Element 1: Foundations in environmental management
- Element 2: Environmental management systems
- Element 3: Environmental impact assessments
- Element 4: Control emissions to air
- Element 5: Control of contamination of water sources
- Element 6: Control of waste and land use
- Element 7: Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
- Element 8: Control of environmental noise
- Element 9: Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
- EC 2: Environmental practical application.