The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate (EC) is a recognised environmental qualification worldwide, which focuses on environmental management systems (ISO 14001), impact assessments, energy efficiency, pollution and environmental emergencies. The syllabus includes UK, EU and international references.
- EMC1 is assessed by a scenario-based assessment completed at home. You have 24 hours to complete this.
- EMC2 is assessed by a three-hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace).
The EC consists of two components:
- EMC 1: Management and control of environmental hazards
- Foundations in Environmental Management
- Environmental Management Systems
- Assessing Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- Planning for and Dealing with Environmental Emergencies
- Control of Emissions to Air
- Control of Environmental Noise
- Control of Contamination of Water Sources
- Control of Waste and Land Use
- Sources and Use of Energy and Energy Efficiency
- EMC 2: Assessing Environmental Aspects and Associated Impacts