A learner accredited with this standard will be able to secure freight in a manner ensuring the elimination of damage to freight during storage and/or transport.
By the end of the course, learners can understand, explain and apply:
- relevant legislation (e.g. OHS Act, Transport Regulations, etc.) facilities and company policies that pertain to packing/stockpiling, handling, marking and securing of freight
- compatibility of product type/categories and the type of decisions required concerning separation of non-compatible products
- appropriate handling equipment, safety equipment and personal protective equipment in relation to the safe handling and securing of freight
- securing techniques and the characteristics of materials used
- appropriate actions to take in the event of accidents and/or incidents
- the ramifications of poor product knowledge
- methods of identifying freight or bulk.