On completion of this course the successful learner will understand HSE legislative and operational control requirements within a mining environment.
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course. Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%.
- Various activities will be completed during class as well as for homework
By the end of the course, the successful learner will be able to:
- Mine Health and Safety Act (MHSA)
- Legal appointments
- Mining practices
- Fire protection and prevention
- Emergency preparedness
- Role of the insurance company