A comprehensive five-day Masterclass, equipping both aspiring safety professionals and those already employed in any type of mining environment, (i.e., deep level, shallow level, solid, open surface, underwater mining, coal mining, gold mining, copper mining, etc) with the knowledge and skills to efficiently manage health, safety, and environmental aspects at a higher level.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental issues pertaining to occupational safety, health, and environmental issues
- Understand the fundamental issues contained in the relevant legal instruments for the mining industry
- Understand and apply principles of the theory of risk management
- Conduct risk-based inspections and associated hazard identification
- Understand the HSE Management system
- Plan, implement and maintain HSE Management systems
- Recognise hazards in the Mining Environment, a key element, and requirement of HSE Management
- Audit HSE risk-based systems
Throughout the training, the learners will complete numerous formative assessments, which will be comprised of individual and group activities.
At the end of the 5 days: learners will complete a two (2) hour summative assessment.