Upon completion of the course, the learner will possess both foundational and fundamental knowledge critical to occupational HSE management. SAMTRAC International covers the integration of occupational HSE management, and students are taken through the practical process of implementing and maintaining an occupational HSE management system, using the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle.
- Made up of a theory based assessment and a practical based assessment.
- Assessment to be done online at the end of the course.
The below will be addressed in the course:
- risk management as a process and discuss different risk control measures
- the impact of industrial operations on the environment
- how the effectiveness of the system can be evaluated.
- evaluate o different incident prevention theories
- the management of different technical aspects as part of the HSE management system.
- motivate the use of an HSE management system to prevent incidents in the workplace
- advise on:
- different legislative requirements with regard to safety, health and the environment
- implementation and measurement of standards
- co-ordinating the HSE management system to achieve continual improvement.
- assist management with the implementation and maintenance of an effective occupational health, safety and environmental programme
- identify relevant environmental acts, regulations and guidelines
- write risk-based standards for an HSE management system.