A comprehensive five-day masterclass equipping both aspiring and practicing practitioners with the knowledge and skills to manage safety, health, environment and security within wholesale and retail establishments.
- Module 1: EHS Legislation and Environmental Management
- Module 2: Retail Health and Safety Hazards
- Module 3: Risk Management
- Module 4: Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Procedures
- Module 5: Emergency Preparedness and Response
- On each day of the training, the learners will complete in-class activities per module.
- They will do a two-hour practical exercise at home to practise the group activities, which shall be required to build a portfolio of evidence.
- The portfolio of evidence must contain a total of five practical exercises for the five modules.
- A once-off summative assessment (written assessment) to be completed at the end of the course at your nearest NOSA College.
- Learners need to achieve a minimum of 65%.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- unpacks all environmental, health and safety legislation and regulations applicable to retail
- identifies the environmental aspects and impacts as well as health and safety hazards associated in retail
- introduces the concept of risk-based thinking, hazard identification and risk assessment (HIRA) and managing risks in retail
- details how to document, implement and review environmental, health, safety and security procedures in retail
- interrogates different emergency situations in retail and the application of appropriate responses