Upon completion of the course, the learner will have a better understanding of the functions and responsibility of an HSE Representative. The learner will be able to carry out basic inspections and participate in HSE committee procedures.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- the general purpose and broad content of the OHS Act
- the election/nomination process
- the functions and responsibilities of HSE representatives
- the purpose, structure and responsibilities of an HSE committee
- the common causes of incidents in the workplace
- the basic principles of incident prevention
- participate effectively in HSE committee procedures
- carry out a basic inspection of their work area
- identify areas where information is required from the employer to support specific workplace inspection needs
- identify additional training needs.