Upon completion of the course, the learner will have a better understanding of the functions and responsibility of an HSE Representative. The learner will be able to carry out basic inspections and participate in HSE committee procedures.
- Written assessment to be done at the end of the course
- Learners must achieve a minimum of 65%
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- the general purpose and broad content of the OHS Act
- the election/nomination process
- the functions and responsibilities of HSE representatives
- the purpose, structure and responsibilities of an HSE committee
- the common causes of incidents in the workplace
- the basic principles of incident prevention
- participate effectively in HSE committee procedures
- carry out a basic inspection of their work area
- identify areas where information is required from the employer to support specific workplace inspection needs
- identify additional training needs.